11 Interesting Facts About Youtube
1. YouTube was founded in February 2005 by three former PayPal employees, Chad Hurley is, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim.
2. At first Youtube headquarters is located on the top floor of a pizza restaurant and Japanese restaurant in San Mateo, California.
3. The beginning of the first video in the Upload on Youtube titled Me at the Zoo, featuring Jawed Karim in the San Diego Zoo. Until now, the video can still be seen on youtube.
4. YouTube launched a beta test in May 2005, six months before the official launch held in November 2005.
5. In July 2006, or 8 months after launched, there were 65,000 new videos uploaded to YouTube each day, with 100 million views per day.
6. The selection of the name http://www.youtube.com cause problems for a website with a similar name, http://www.utube.com. The website owner, Universal Tube & Rollform Equipment, filed a lawsuit against YouTube in November 2006 after a regular overload caused by people searching for videos on YouTube.
7. In October 2006, Google Inc. purchase Youtube at U.S. $ 1.65 Billion.
8. In 2007, YouTube has spent the entire bandwidth equal to the amount of Internet bandwidth in the world in 2000.
9. In June 2008 Forbes magazine told that Youtube revenues for 2008 estimated to reach U.S. $ 200 million.
10. Youtube In 2008 George Foster Peabody awards received award for being served Speakers Corners and participate in the development of democracy and freedom of opinion.
11. Currently online video website YouTube to be the dominant provider in the United States, perhaps in the world, commanding 43 percent market share. Around 20 hours duration of the video uploaded to YouTube every minute with 6 million views per day.